Friday, December 28, 2018

A Bucket and Beach Life!

Last Saturday I woke up feeling really off.  My body was sore and my stomach had this really weird hollow feeling in it.  I tried doing some yoga but I couldn't focus so I decided to go get some sugarcane juice, it usually helped with hangovers so I figured it would help with this weird feeling.
I was thinking it could be from just sleeping on a shitty mattress or, I was getting a migraine.  Either way sugarcane was my goal and then back to my hut for a video call.

As I walked along in the heat I felt drained and dehydrated and the thought of food, well, honestly... I didn't have an appetite (surprisingly).  I just wanted to get back to mine and relax my body.

After my video call I decided to take a nap.  At this point I had a bit of a headache and I was feeling nauceous.  I figured taking a nap I could sleep it off.  However it seemed to get worse in my sleep.  I felt even more sick to my stomach and my energy plummeted, my stomach started to gurgle and new I had to make a trip to the toilet which honestly is 7 steps from my bed but it took a lot of energy to convince myself to get there. 

I made it safely and released the lower half of my body.  Water, it was literally water.  When I got off the toilet I grabbed the big bucket in my bathroom and put it beside my bed  just in case I thought.  With my lack of energy I just had a feeling.

I went back to sleep but it was worse this time.  I kept dreaming of food and people eating and I kept waking up feeling more and more nauceous and my stomach was sore and gurggling.

                                                            WARNING
*For those of you with weak stomachs I would skip this part....it doesn't get pretty*

I tossed and turned for awhile with horrible food dreams until I finally just shot up in bed and felt it.  Uh oh I thought.  I turned to the side, leaned over my bucket and let go.  Literally projectile vomited 5 times into the  bucket.  I couldn't stop it just kept coming out .... must've been the bad fruit.

Let's rewind back to Friday. 

My friend and I had bought some fruit and took it to the beach with us but I had a cantaloupe left over so I decided to eat it the next day for lunch. 

I was enjoying my fruit it was tasty.  However it had a bad spot in it so I was cutting it out, that's when I saw them.... MAGGOTS!!! I ran to the toilet and vomited hoping that if I had swallowed/ingested I had gotten them out.

Now back to the bucket....

Must've been that bad fruit. Fucking maggots!!! 

I stopped vomiting, then felt my lower half start going.  Fuck! At this point I felt even weaker and those 7 steps ahead of seemed like a life time away but I needed to get there and fast.  At the same time the smell from the bucket was hitting my nostrils.... ughhh.

I picked up the bucket, and as fast as I could I went to my toilet, literally making it there just in time. 
The sweats started at this point and the whole feeling of being sick just came over my body.   I released what I could from my lower half but again, it was water and not much as I literally had nothing left in my system at this time.  Again the smell of the bucket was hitting my nostrils as I was emptying myself.  Ughhh....this is so not fun.

Finally I finished.  As quickly as I could I got up, flushed, dumped the bucket while looking the other way, filled it with water, dumped it again and repeated.  Put it back beside my bed and stumbled outside.  At this point I had tears running down my face, sweat and literally looked like something out of a Stephen King movie hahaha.

One of my landlords sisters said "Emmie, what's wrong."  "Please I need some bottles of water I'm not feeling very well."  However, I actually felt 30% better!  I went back to sleep but the worst of it was over and I only got better from there.   I still had diarrhea for a few days but whatever it was - I think it was the maggots - was out of my system.

Lol I know I know, it's not a pleasant story but I figured if I go through it, you want to read about it so detail is important hahaha.

That's seriously the worst thing that has happened to me since I have been in Inida and I am glad it happened here.   The fact of having my own place, a couple of friends here and the people I rent from knew I was sick and said I could knock on their door anytime of  night made me feel so much better.  There is nothing like being sick like that and worrying you might die from it hahaha.

So yes... my own place.  The day after James and I arrived in Goa I was on a mission to find myself a place.  By early afternoon I had found a hut on the beach run by a family!  I moved in a couple days later.

I had called my buddy Jim - I met him and his sister Lucy at Tushita in Dharamkot and Jim is living here until April - to see if he could help me move as we all know I don't travel light.  He rolls up on his motorcycle.  Amazing!  I was hungover and didn't want to carry my 80 litre backpack and all extras across town.

I bought him lunch and then we went to this all day party at this high end resort.  It was okay...not totally my thing and I lost him for about two hours so wasn't having fun at that point but it was interesting and I ran into some people from the hostel.  The music well.... it was reggae and then went into dubstep which I can't stand but the last set was pretty good.

It's a big pot smoking community here and it's not really my thing.  They smoke it every where here even in the restaurants so going to these parties it's just everywhere lol which is not my thing at all. But Jim is fun to hang out with and it was nice meeting other people and seeing others I knew.

I seriously couldn't be happier.   There are 6 huts, three small and three big - I have a big one as I am going to be here awhile and it has a bathroom, no hot water though.  It's got a little gated area that opens right up to the beach!  I can hear the ocean in my hut! 

My days are spent walking through the market streets or hanging at the beach.  I teach (or trying anyways)  yoga 4 mornings a week, then I go to the beach and then I come back and teach.  It is literally perfect and I am smiling every day.   I have 3 locations for teaching but I don't really know anyone here so it's hard to get people to come but it will happen over time.

I know some of the cafe and restaurant workers but I honestly keep to myself most of the time unless I happen to go over to the hostel and then meet someone and hang out with them until they move on to their next destination which actually happened just recently.

Christmas, I went over to the hostel as I was supposed to teach yoga there but knew it wouldn't happen (everyone there partied the night before).  But I went because it's a commitment.  I started talking to this guy (Flavius) about.... ummm I can't even remember but we ended up going to a bakery for breakfast and then hung out at the beach all day.  We decided since we were both alone and it was Christmas to go for a really nice dinner on the beach which was fantastic!  Though, my stomach was still a bit off because it was only days before I had been sick so I couldn't eat a lot...but the wine went down well.  I was only going to have glass but he said "two, it's always two glasses.  One glass makes only one leg go funny so you need two to balance things out."  I got confused between the word glasses and bottles...because it was two bottles that balanced things out for me haha.   After a fantastic dinner at Zodiac - which is where I always go to lie in the sun as the service is great and one of the guys who works there is fantastic - we decided to see if there was anything going on at the hostel however we didn't make it there. 

At the beginning of the street where the hostel is there is a restaurant called Rendez-vous and it is one of my favourites.   As we walked by I saw the manager in there and popped in to say Merry Chirstmas.  This ended up in a few free beers!  Merry Christmas!!! 

James left last week ... I was sad as I feel like he had been with me almost my whole India adventure.  I miss his smile and his accent and just having him around but he was going home to surprise his mum for Christmas.

There is always something going on here.  Live music, yoga, parties....you can't be bored.   At night the beach restaurants put tables all along the sand and light candles, they have fresh fish on ice and some also have live music. If you keep walking further South from me you come to the hippie market and drum circle.... it's a completely different vibe but it is super cool.   Goa is full of tourists and ex-pats so there is a very big foreign community.  It's very different from what I am used to.

It's really hard to explain.  I guess the way I am spiritually is on a different level than a lot of the people here.  So clicking with people ins't always easy, but I enjoy watching and listening and I have bought a hoola-hoop hahaha so we will see how that goes.

To my write there are the cliffs.  You take the single road that goes through this little market - and I love walking through it - for about 20 minutes.  When you come out on the other side  you are at this really pretty beach...much quieter than Arambol beach.... and there is also this beautiful round lake, surrounded by palm trees and jungle.  I love it over there... Sweet Water Beach.

Last week I had gone with a buddy of mine.  Flip flops off - as it's sand and rock and most people here go barefoot - walking along and then SMASH!!! MY TOE!!! AGAINST A ROCK!!! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!! Seriously,  I have not had good luck with my feet this year.  It's fine though lol thank goodness.  I kept checking it to make sure that it wasn't broken hahaha, that's all I need.

Two days ago  Flavius and I decided to go to one of the restaurants along the cliff and enjoy a beer and pizza.  The place was really nice with good music - I felt a little bit like I was in Mexico - and I was so looking forward to my pizza.  When it arrived I looked at it with hungry eyes, picked up a slice and took a big bite.  Mmmm broccoli,  I took another bite ..... there was absolutely no flavour in anything, Not in the tomatoes, cheese, or even the broccoli for that matter, there wasn't even a bit of tomato sauce on it.  It was bland as fuck...and honestly the worst pizza I ever had.  It was like the last person I hooked up with, boring with no excitement and enjoyable on their side hahaha seriously it was awful.  Flavius said his was the same but he was hungry so he ate both his and mine. 
When our server came over and asked how it was I was honest "it was bland there was no taste at all, it was the worst pizza I have ever had."  "Okay" he said and smiled.  That was all. Hahaha, gotta love India.

Now it is the 29th of December,  not much time left before the new year is here!  I'm actually really excited for 2019 ... I have quite a bit going on - that I can't share yet - but its in the works and being here in my hut is great as I can get a lot of work done and focus.

Today Flavius and I are gonna go for lunch and then..... I don't know....the beach maybe lol, or maybe some yoga on the beach.  He likes doing yoga with me because I show him how to actually work the postures.  Who knows really ... its a lazy but active life...you aren't doing anything but aren't doing nothing here lol. It's exactly what I need.

So....with that being said.  Enjoy your last few days of 2018 and be safe on New Years Eve...don't drink and drive and don't drive and drink.   I wish you all the best for the coming year.  Until then... talk to you next year!

                                                               - My Beautiful Life -

No comments:

Post a Comment